Next conference is scheduled at Calvary Chapel Treasure Valley, at 3600 W Nelis Dr. in Meridian, ID for both Sunday Morning services on Feburary 18. 1 208 514 1616
I will also be speaking at the "Sweet Hearts Dinner" on Sunday evening Feburary 18 for Calvary Chapel Caldwell, ID. For more information call 1 208 453 9653
If you are interested in scheduling a conference or individual teaching on marriage and family issues, please email me at:
Counselor Training Conferences
We have no conferences scheduled at this time, but below are the topics I usually cover in a typical conference. If you are a pastor or elder of your church, please consider a conference like this that could build up those who counsel in your congregation. My counseling manual "Counseling Couples in Crisis" is used in these conferences.
Topics that will be covered:
Thursday night: Pre-marital counseling which includes these topics.
- Helping individuals determine if they are marrying the right person.
- Determining a couple’s readiness for marriage.
- Eight session outlines for pre-marital counseling.
Friday night: Marital counseling which includes these topics.
- How to deal with couples in a crisis situation.
- Steps in ongoing marital counseling.
- Key issues that couples must resolve in their relationship that enable them to reach the goal of real companionship.
Saturday: General counseling which covers these topics.
- Learn the differences between psychological and biblical counseling.
- The qualities you need to truly help someone.
- How to set goals and objectives in your counseling.
- How to identify the stumbling blocks that hinder counseling.
- How to deal with specific difficult issues such as, physically abusive, emotionally abusive, and explosive individuals. Also, drug and alcohol abuse, infidelity, and sexual abuse.