"Patches 2020" - February 14-15, 2020 at Grace Bible Church in Arroyo Grande, CA, 93420
For more information or to register for this conference go to https://www.marriagescc.com/
Counselor Training Conferences
May 14-16, 2020 at Calvary Chapel Island of Grace, 1680 Railroad Avenue, Holbrook, NY 11741 For registration contact Pastor Kevin at (631) 580-3055
Topics that will be covered:
Thursday night: Pre-marital counseling which includes these topics.
- Helping individuals determine if they are marrying the right person.
- Determining a couple’s readiness for marriage.
- Eight session outlines for pre-marital counseling.
Friday night: Marital counseling which includes these topics.
- How to deal with couples in a crisis situation.
- Steps in ongoing marital counseling.
- Key issues that couples must resolve in their relationship that enable them to reach the goal of real companionship.
Saturday: General counseling which covers these topics.
- Learn the differences between psychological and biblical counseling.
- The qualities you need to truly help someone.
- How to set goals and objectives in your counseling.
- How to identify the stumbling blocks that hinder counseling.
- How to deal with specific difficult issues such as, physically abusive, emotionally abusive, and explosive individuals. Also, drug and alcohol abuse, sexual infidelity, and sexual abuse.